1. Apt. 9 crepe blouse:
originally $36, on sale for $20 - $5 coupon - 15% off coupon = $13
2. jean vest: Goodwill $3
3. Mossimo boyfriend blazer: Instagram shop $12
4. wedges: Walmart (clearance) $5
5. Ganni black Dress: goodwill $6 [same dress but with sleeves] (I had never heard of this brand before, but I researched it and this dress would have sold for close to $200! Score!)
6. Teal flats (originally from Payless): Goodwill $4
7. LC ombre' dress: Goodwill $6
8. LC polka dot blouse: Kohl's (clearance + extra 15% off coupon) $8
9. Tommy Girl red gingham print top: Instagram Shop $15
Total Spent: $72 - $28 sold on shop my closet = $44
I gotta say, keeping track of exactly how much I spend on clothes each month is really helping me to hold myself accountable for what I spend. This month I held back on a lot of other things I wanted to buy, and I really only bought things things on my list of "needs." Note: this so called list is only in my head.
The white crepe blouse I have been watching at Kohl's for a year now. I have been needing the perfect white blouse, and girls, this is definitely it. I'm so glad I finally was able to get it for under $15. A jean vest was also on my list (check). I've been needing a new black blazer because I just don't love the one I have. I bought this one from an Instagram shop, but it's a little big. I'm thinking for only $12, I may get it tailored. Other things on my list were fun flats (check!), the perfect LBD (check.. ok turns out it's not so perfect, it's a little long and needs to be hemmed), a pretty blouse for work (check!), a plaid or gingham button up (check!). The wedges and ombre dress weren't aren't that list, but they were too great to pass up.
Oh and let's talk about this whole Instagram shopping thing. Ever since I went and switched my shop my closet page to Instagram, I have become addicted to shopping others' closets! What a lot of IG shops do ispost a picture saying that they're posting at a certain time, and then they spam the crap outta your feed, and they're stuff sells what seems like instantly. Unfortunately, I haven't had such luck with too many sales. I have had luck with buying though! Haha. I actually bought 2 other things, but they haven't come in the mail yet, so I'll wait and just add them to my March budget.