April 14, 2014

a mexican easter and pastels

IMG_9521
IMG_9516
LC Blouse: Kohl's (clearance) $8
Jeans: Charlotte Russe, gifted
Belt: Forever 21 $5
Charlotte Russe Flats: Goodwill $3.49
Total Outfit Cost: $16.49
Friday at work we had our Easter potluck. For Thanksgiving we went eat Chinese, and called it our Chinese Thanksgiving, so somehow we came up with having a Mexican Easter potluck! We had chips, queso, salsa, enchiladas, Mexican cornbread, I made a taco ring, and lots of other yummies. We all also wore pastel colors and played some games. We started off the day with a jelly bean flavor guessing game. It was awful. We each had 6 jelly bean flavors in our bag. When I tasted my brown jelly bean, I had to spit it out. It was possibly the worst thing I've ever tasted in my life. I wrote down 'burrito' for the flavor. Turns out, each of us had 1 different flavor than the rest of the gang in each of our bags. That brown jelly bean I ate was "earth worm" flavor. Others had mud flavor, black pepper flavor, etc. Supposedly these nasty jelly beans are Harry Potter jelly beans. Gross. Just gross. And for the record, I didn't even guess one flavor right. I had put down toothpaste for the rootbeer flavored one...

6 comments:

  1. Haha as I was reading it I figured they were those weird Harry Potter jelly beans. And I laughed out loud about the "toothpaste" flavor you guessed haha! Love the mint with the polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bertie Bots Every Flavor Beans! The most terrifying candy ever to be introduced to Muggle Land. Don't judge...I'm a huge huge huge nerd and will always love Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone gave me the 'vomit' flavored one once... ick. I actually thought it was a real one. And no we weren't children.. college students. Very mature. : / Oh well I suppose. It sounds like your office is super fun. ;) -Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am terrible at guessing flavors. I know spicy and sweet. I still don't actually understand what "bitter" is, but apparently I like bitter things. My husband used to look at me with disbelief for just popping in Jelly Belly's and "not savoring" their flavors. "What? They all taste like candy. Except the popcorn one and the licorice one. Those are just nasty." haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. AH! My parents used to get this brand of toothpaste that I always hated because it tasted like root beer to me (and I don't really like root beer) - so I totally know what you mean when you guessed that the root beer jelly bean was toothpaste, haha!! I think you look super cute in your Mexican Easter outfit - I looove Mexican food, so it sounds like a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Earth worm? Who comes up with these things?? I have tried a few Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans but wasn't daring enough to try the weird flavors. I am stumped at how you chose toothpaste for the root bear jelly bean though...

    What a cute idea for holidays! I think a Mexican Easter is as festive as ever and I'm sure a nice break from the daily routine.

    ReplyDelete