October 16, 2014

i wear pink for my mom

IMG_0213
IMG_0211
IMG_0210
Old Navy Shirt: Garage Sale $1
Pants: Target (25% off) $21 [here]
Booties: Plato's Closet $12 [similar]
Scarf: Target $3 (like 70% off and then used a coupon with the cartwheel app)
Total Outfit Cost: $37

Usually when Bree (Work Clothes I Suppose) posts her Third Thursday Threads theme, I always forget about linking up, but this week was one I couldn't forget. This weeks theme was pink for breast cancer awareness month.

3 1/2 years ago my mom found a lump in her breast. She got it checked out immediately and it was stage 1 breast cancer. She had a lumpectomy and then radiation. Since then, she is 3 1/2 years CANCER FREE! We are so blessed to say that my mom is a survivor! So ladies (men too!)... make sure you are doing SELF CHECKS and getting mammograms! It's SO important.  

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your mom! That's awesome! Love your outfit and your purpose. :) That oversized scarf is great! :) XO-Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. Thankfully I've never had to go through anything scary like this!

    I love your little fishtail! Also- I just downloaded the Cartwheel ap. Any tips for maximizing that??

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful that your mom is cancer free!!! What a wonderful thing to be able to say :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you're supporting your mom by wearing pink. And I'm so glad to hear that she's been cancer free ever since!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have so much respect for your mother! Love the outfit honoring her. :) I've been looking for a nice pair of ankle boots under $100 but am struggling...I should check out my Plato's Closet!

    http://chopstickschic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete