October 9, 2014

splurged

1412376356.024593.26
Dress: Lulu's $40 [here]
Just Fab Heels: $22 instagram shop $20
Bracelet: Goodwill $1
Total Outfit Cost: $61

This past Friday I attended a friends wedding. I'm a girl, so of course I've been thinking about what I could wear to the wedding for months. A chance to dress up a little fancier than normal is too exciting, right?! I think so at least. Anyways, with the wedding being in October, I knew I wanted to wear a longsleeve dress (even though it was fairly warm so I didn't need sleeves at all). Specifically one with a floral print. I searched the internez up and down, and for probably 2 months I kept coming back to this dress. The style was perfect and the floral was perfect. But if you know me or have followed this blog for any length of time (or even just have read my blog title ;) you know that I'm not one to just order a dress for 40 bucks! Finally a couple weeks ago I decided to take the plunge. I allowed myself to splurge for this beat. I even paid extra for shipping to make sure it was here in a decent time. I'm so happy I did, because I'm seriously IN LOVE with this dress! It's soooo me. I can't wait for something else to come up so I can wear it again. I may even try to dress it down with my cognac boots... how do you think I should style it next?

12 comments:

  1. Danielle, that dress is adorable!! I'm going to a wedding this weekend and when I was looking for a dress, I wanted something with love sleeves but I couldn't find anything :( you look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be absolutely perfect for fall with boots, maybe even boots and leggings when it gets really cool. The floral is a great fall floral and you look fabulous with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this dress is gorgeous!!! totally worth the splurge, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore this dress! It's so great when you're happy with your splurges! I would think you could pair this with a utility jacket?! I've been looking for a dress with sleeves for months, too, but have yet to find one I loooove.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty dress and you totally deserve a splurge once in a while. This would look great dress down with a denim jacket and boots like you mentioned.

    P.S. I hope you will stop by and join TBT Fashion link up.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danielle you looked beautiful at Adele's wedding! It was great seeing you, your mom, and sister too. Love the dress :) Mrs. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. this dress is absolutely stunning! it looks amazing on you. splurges are worth it when you love them this much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dress is very pretty. You can dress it down with cardigan and boots to wear it more often, no need to wait for special ocation

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorrrrrgeous. It would look really pretty tucked into a skirt, too. Or wear it with your boots and your fur vest! Yes? Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE that dress! It looks amazing on you and totally worth the $40

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh so cute! This summer was the first time I got super into what I was wearing to weddings... but I was really pleased with what I came up with! Love this look! XO-Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this dress, Danielle! What a beautiful print, and it looks amazing on you! I love the idea of dressing it down with cognac boots. I bet it would look cute with a denim jacket over it...or a vest of some sort??

    ReplyDelete