June 1, 2015

pregnancy brain leads to a very embarrassing moment

gray dress + jean jacket + leopard flats
Dress: Old Navy, gift carded
Jacket: Old Navy, gifted
Flats: Lulu's $17
Necklace: Plato's Closet $4
Total Outfit Cost: $21

First of all, thank you all so much for the congratulations on our big news!
 
Pregnancy brain has already set in for me. I dind't even know that it was a thing before, but now I know for sure that it is. Y'all ready for one of the most embarrassing things that has ever happened to me?
 
So last Friday, as per usual, it was freezing in the office. As I sat at my desk I wore my blanket on my shoulders. My bright purple and blue Disney, Magic Kingdom blanket. So professional and adult of me, I know. I get up to go pee, I walk to the elevator (the bathroom on our floor is gross), ride the elevator with someone, walk towards the bathroom... and I see bright purple and blue in the corner of the my eye... I WORE MY BLANKET ALL THE WAY TO THE BATHROOM. OMG. The shoe shiner man that I always talk to laughed (with me not at me lol) as I was taking it off and said, "girl, i was about to ask you what you had on today!" By the way, there were 4 people near him, and not to mention the bank is on this floor... AND I flippin rode the elevator with someone like that.. just casually wearing my bright fleece blanket. Wow. Luckily I was able to laugh it off and I wasn't humilated.
 
I got back to the office and asked 2 of my co-workers that I passed if they saw me walk out like that and they said yes and they didn't know what was up with me. I can't believe they didn't say... "hellllooo Danielle, why are you wearing your blanket?!"

9 comments:

  1. It only gets better from here! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAH!! I used to have a Disney Princess blanket that I kept in my office for the same reason!! One of my coworkers slipped on the ice in our parking lot one winter and those helping her were looking for a blanket or something to stabilize her head as they waited for the ambulance to take her to the ER. I was the only one with a blanket, but imagine my embarrassment when I pulled out my Disney Princess blanket - ha!! I feel your pain, girl! Also...I have almost the exact items to recreate this outfit...so I think I'll do just that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha! Awww that's so funny! At least you are able to laugh at yourself about it though. And I'm not sure that the pregnancy brain ever really goes away. LOL! My daughter is almost 2 and a half years old now and I still feel like I have it...maybe it's just the lack of sleep. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's too funny! Congratulations as well!! That's wonderful news!!! I can't wait to see your baby bump posts!
    xoxo
    Taylor
    http://www.nothingbutapigeon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, that's freaking hilarious! It's a pity the blanket was covering up your outfit though, it's super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least it was a cute blanket? Pregnancy brain caused me to use the wrong their/they're/there...on a test I wrote for my students. First time it's ever happened. When a kid called me out on it, I was like, "Oh, man, it's bad." I also e-mailed a parent and spent the entire e-mail talking about their son I taught two years ago instead of the one I meant to talk about, the one I teach RIGHT NOW. Good grief.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! I sit with a blanket at my desk as well, though it's not quite as cute as yours :) also I think I see girls walking around the office with blankets as well! Take advantage of blaming the "pregnancy brain" though! Love this dress.

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahaha oh my gosh this is great! At least you can blame it on the pregnancy? How did you keep it wrapped around yourself enough to wear it out of your desk??

    ReplyDelete